Skip to main content

Inspiration

Where Do You Get Your Inspiration

When I started on my card making journey a few years ago I had not made many cards, I loved stationery and decorated journals and planners but hadn't thought of myself as good enough to design beautiful cards. But then Stampin' Up! came into my life and I found that with the right products and materials you can achieve anything.
The Stampin' Up! community is a wonderful group of paper crafters that love to share their creations and inspire each other to create. And with the age of the internet it is so much easier to get inspiration from everywhere.
I get my inspiration from FACEBOOK GROUPS, SWAPS, CASEing, CLUBS and CLASSES.

FACEBOOK GROUPS:
Search and join crafting groups, these are a great way to find out how people approach card designing.

SWAPS:
There are SWAP groups on Facebook and through BLOGS. Swaps are swapping one card for another.  I belong to one group with a different theme each month and where you choose how many swaps (cards) you want to do. I then make the cards of my design and send them to the recipients. I get the same amount of cards back in the mail. Its a great way to recieve smile mail also. I can then use these cards as inspiration and to show at my classes.



CASEing:
CASEing stands for Copy and Selectively Edit. The best place I go to find inspiration online is Pinterest. If you have a stamp set that you need inspiration for then put the name into the search bar and watch all the inspiration come onto your screen. With CASEing you can either copy the card exactly as you see it or Selectively Edit. Its a great starting point and then you can give yourself permission to create and change it as you see fit.














STAMP CLUBS:
Clubs are another great way to get inspiration. With my Shazza's Crafts Stamp Club you recieve the monthly stamp set and card kits to create 6 cards.  The card kits have all the cardstock, designer series paper, embellishments and die cuts or punched shapes that you need to create the cards plus pdf instructions. Its a mini class delivered to your door and one you can do when you have the time. You can sign up month by month so you are not tied in.
 Stamp Club join today!






CLASSES:
I run a class once a month where I show you how to make handmade cards. I am also looking at running an evening class where I will teach different techniques. Classes are also a great way to meet other craft inspired ladies. 

The best advice I can give you when starting your journey into paper crafting is to start with the colours, the appropriate stamp set and then just have a play. Have fun. And get inspiration from any where you can. If you would like a one on one class to help you on this journey contact me anytime and I can arrange a time to suit you.


Stampin' Up!s Statement of The Heart



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December's Card Club - Natures Harvest

              SHAZZA'S CRAFTS CARD CLUB                                                 December's Stamp Set is                                          'Natures Harvest' 3 designs 2 of each Shazza's Crafts Card Club Have you heard about my Monthly Card Club?  You can be part of it anywhere in New Zealand!  It all ships to your door! Each month I will send you a package in the mail  with supplies and instructions to make 6 cards. Gold Package - $61 includes *All materials to make 6 cards (no pre stamping)  *Stamp set - Nature's Harvest *PDF tutorials *FREE inspiration *Postage/delivery *FREE gift Silver Package - $28 includes *Card kits to make 6 cards  *PDF tutorials *FREE inspiration *Postage/delivery *FREE gift ADDITIONAL THIS MONTH Add on  Harvest Dies 10% discount Order now:  Sign up before 20 December 2021 Join Here  ***************************************************  I would love to be able to welcome you to our team 'Ink It On Crafters'  and the

March's Card Club - Honeybee Home

             SHAZZA'S CRAFTS CARD CLUB                                                 March's Stamp Set is                                   'Honeybee Home' 3 designs 2 of each Shazza's Crafts Card Club Have you heard about my Monthly Card Club?  You can be part of it anywhere in New Zealand!  It all ships to your door! Each month I will send you a package in the mail  with supplies and instructions to make 6 cards. Gold Package - $61 includes *All materials to make 6 cards (no pre stamping)  *Stamp set - Dahlia Days *PDF tutorials *FREE inspiration *Postage/delivery *FREE gift Silver Package - $28 includes *Card kits to make 6 cards  *PDF tutorials *FREE inspiration *Postage/delivery *FREE gift ADDITIONAL THIS MONTH Add on  Honeybee Blooms Dies 10% at $53.10 Order now:  Sign up before 20 March 2022 Join Here  ***************************************************  I would love to be able to welcome you to our team 'Ink It On Crafters'  and the worldwide Stamp

January Card Club - Dahlia Days

               SHAZZA'S CRAFTS CARD CLUB                                                  January's Stamp Set is                                          'Dahlia Days' 3 designs 2 of each Shazza's Crafts Card Club Have you heard about my Monthly Card Club?  You can be part of it anywhere in New Zealand!  It all ships to your door! Each month I will send you a package in the mail  with supplies and instructions to make 6 cards. Gold Package - $61 includes *All materials to make 6 cards (no pre stamping)  *Stamp set - Dahlia Days *PDF tutorials *FREE inspiration *Postage/delivery *FREE gift Silver Package - $28 includes *Card kits to make 6 cards  *PDF tutorials *FREE inspiration *Postage/delivery *FREE gift ADDITIONAL THIS MONTH Add on  Detailed Dahlias Dies 10% discount $73.80 Order now:  Sign up before 20 January 2022 Join Here  ***************************************************  I would love to be able to welcome you to our team 'Ink It On Crafters'  and